Farmers, who produce food, could barely put enough food on the table.
Day: October 7, 2016
Whatever his connections with the Davao Death Squads, Duterte is an amateur compared with the United States. The US has been in the death squad business for decades.
“Dee is sticking with their lie that increasing wages would result in job losses while denying the fact that a significant wage hike, through the National Minimum Wage of P750, would only be a 30 percent decrease in their profits as per independent think-tank IBON Foundation’s research. This still leaves them with 70 percent of clean profits to pocket.”
The annual people’s caravan from the regions will be here from Oct. 13 to 21.
“The most effective method of release (of political prisoners) is through an amnesty proclamation as offered by President Duterte himself.”
By BENJIE OLIVEROS Bulatlat perspective What do we make of the high 76 percent satisfaction rating, or 64 percent net satisfaction rating, of President Duterte? This, despite the fact that the President has been receiving a lot of flak for his lethal war on drugs, and his belligerent statements against US Pres. Barack Obama, the…
QUESTION EVERYTHING Mong Palatino Bulatlat.com There are competing conceptions of the good life, but mainstream institutions bombard us with the dangerous ideology that the only way to achieve happiness and success is to acquire material possessions or gain fame in society. In schools and workplaces, we are told to get ahead of others or else…