Bu-lat-lat (boo-lat-lat) verb: to search, probe, investigate, inquire; to unearth facts

Volume 2, Number 47              January 5 - 11, 2003            Quezon City, Philippines

Join the Bulatlat.com mailing list!

Powered by groups.yahoo.com

Holiday Hangover

“2 things u nid to b successful: gray hair 4 that look of maturity & hemorrhoids 4 that look of concern. May ur best in 2002 b ur worst in 2003. Happy New Year!”

Bulatlat.com decided to compile New Year’s greetings such as this text message to hold on just a bit longer to the holiday feeling of good will and peace.  

COMPILED BY AUBREY SC MAKILAN 
Bulatlat.com

Doing things for others is the best gift we can give to ourselves. For the heart is happiest when it beats for others. Happy New Year to a person with a happy heart!

Ayon Chinese holoscope, kaw hawak celfon kanan pala dating glasya, tapos kaw lagi ngiti pala pasok suwelte, tapos kaw utot lakas pala labas malas. Hapi Nw Yil!

Gabing pagkatagal, baklasin mo Bayan, sa pulang silangan, hugutin ang araw—sa pagliliwayway, ating ipagdiwang paglayang sisilay! Maalab na bagong taon!

Yo! Hope dis nite, ALL IS COME!

To stay healthy, happy and young this new year, may you have an ORGASM everyday!

O – range juice

R – ipe fruits

G – rilled fish

A – ll-wheat bread

S – alt-free food

M – ilk

Bag-ong tuig nga puno sa kadasig sa dugang pang pag-asdang sa pakigbisog sa katawhang Pilipino alang sa demokrasya ng tinuod nga kalingkawasan. Madasigong 2003!

Every New Year opens chances to make better where we did good and failed the previous year. Let 2003 be a year of continued service to the people in our quest for peace and social justice.

The year that passed still has its relevance in the coming year. It should not be seen as a disjointed chain in society’s social and political development process. Even more so in one’s individual growth in the crucible of social practice – in struggle for meaningful social change. In this, we count on Bulatlat.com’s relevant and timely input. Sulong! Padayon!

Wishing you 12 months of happiness; 52 weeks of fun; 365 days of success; 8,760 hours of good health; 525,60 minutes of peace; & 3,153,600seconds of love! Happy New Year!

Millions of flowers blossom in the fields, hills, & seas because we never stop dreaming for a liberating year full of hope, full of life! Happy New Year!

We join you and the world in our noble endeavor for a world with justice and freedom for the working class and all peoples! – Philippine Chapter, International League of Peoples' Struggle

We hope to see you as we continue to fight for the removal of unjust charges like the PPA and laws like the EPIRA. Let our dream of a pro-people electric power industry be a reality. Power to the people!

We join you, our nation and people in marking the greatest season of freedom thus far. Let the upcoming celebrations be a preview to the national rejoicing over the much-deserved end to foreign military presence and unjust treaties like the Mutual Defense Treaty, the Visiting Forces Agreement and the Mutual Logistics and Support Agreement. Together, let us make more Christmases of freedom for our people. -Capt. Danilo P. Vizmanos, PN ret.

We wish you all a lasting peace and freedom from unjust wars. Let us defeat the forces of war and warmongering that threaten the peoples of Iraq and the whole world! -Fr. Allan Jose Arcebuche OFM & Sr. Mary Grenough

I never realized how bad d economy was until I spoke 2 Santa Claus on d phone. During our chat, I askd “How’s Rudolph?”  He said “Delicious!”  Merry Christmas, Happy New Year anyway!

My wishes for you:

Great start 4 Jan

Luv 4 Feb

Iner peace 4 March

No worries 4 April

Fun 4 May

Joy 4 Jun 2 Nov

MerryXmas 4 Dec

Hav a lucky & 1derful 2003!

2003 resolutions: Stay humble. Be faithful. Work diligently. Fight fairly. Live simply. Love deeply. Give generously. Most importantly, hav fun!

A Chinese proverb says, “One JOY shatters a hundred grief.” May God frm whom all blessings flow send u at least 1 joy each day. Have a great New Year!

ALONE? "I will be w/ u." Mt. 28:20

AFRAID? "I will make u strong." 1 Ptr. 5:10

WANNA CRY? "I will comfort u." 2 Cor. 1:3

PROBLEMATIC? "I will drink w/ u!" SMB P13.50.

Hapi nu yir!

msayang blikn ang nkaraan, mga hirap na pnagdaanan, mga tawanan at iyakan, mga saya at klungktn pro hgit sa lht ay ang pnagsmahan! Hapi New Year! Cheers! Salud!

If I were an angel, I’ll grant your wish and protect you from harm. But what can I do? Angel face lang ako. I’ll just sit beside you, wait for a real angel, and wish that your wishes come true.

ShâNg LÀi Wäng-Fü GoCHëng WÖng pwe TsóngTEng-kwä läi laRuKüTuk-TükTu KëngÖNgWä Ngëwok TsÖEng Wä TsiwÖKe NgaÖk Nga ÖKLü…! 

In English: HAPI NEW YEAR! 

God has gifts 4 you: A KEY 4 every  problem, a LIGHT 4 every shadow, a PLAN 4 every  tomorrow & a JOY 4 every sorrow. Enjoy God’s gifts. HAPPY 3 KINGS! ü

Troubles as light as air, love as deep as the ocean, friends as solid as diamonds, and success as bright as gold: these I wish for you in 2003.

Blessings abound on those who live their lives with loving kindness and thoughtfulness for others. Be well and stay well. May u & ur family be blessed in 2003!

My new year’s WISH for US is that we may continue to endure the complexity & vulnerability of being BEAUTIFUL! May we continue to spread beauty in 2003!

I WISH YOU: the fun of LIVING, the joy of LOVING, the wonder of SHARING, the gift of FAITH, and the serenity of a contented HEART. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Bulatlat.com

We want to know what you think of this article.