Retrenched Migrants in New Zealand Appeal for Work Extension

The government also advises workers declared as redundant to seek his or her union’s advice if he or she is an affiliate of any unions recognized by the government.

“Your employer should consult with your union if you are covered by a collective agreement. The Council of Trade Unions (CTU) keeps a list of unions (including unions not affiliated to the CTU) and contact details on their website,” it said. (

Share This Post